Kerala PSC Secretariat Assistant exam is a degree level examination, conduct for the recruitment of assistant officer in the secretariat. This exam is expected to be conducted on mid of 2018. There will be 100 questions for 100 marks and for each wrong answer .33 marks will be deducted. The Time duration of this exam is 1 hour 15 minutes. Before applying for the examination candidates should do Kerala PSC’s one-time registration. Candidates who have completed the registration can easily apply for the exam through Kerala PSC official website. Kerala PSC has not yet announced the detailed syllabus of Secretariat examination.
Secretariat Assistant Detailed Syllabus
1. Quantitative Aptitude
- Test of Divisibility
- H.C.F & L.C.M
- Ratio & Proportions
- Percentage, Interest
- Time & Work, Time & Distance
- Area, Volume
- Calendar, Clocks
- Trains, Problems on Age etc.
2.Mental Ability and Test of Reasoning
- Calculations & Logic
- Coding & Decoding
- Classification, Synonym, Antonym
- Letter & Number Series
- Odd Man Out, Analogy, Common Sense Test
- Alphabetical Arrangement of Words
- Date and Calendar, Sense of Direction etc.
- Common Scientific Facts
- Important Scientific Phenomena
- Basic facts of Science.
- Important World
- National and Regional Events related to the Political and Scientific fields
5.Facts about India
- Geography of India Physical Features Climate Soils Rivers Famous Sites
- Demography Economic
- Social Development Poverty Alleviation Economy
- Planning History of India Period from 1857 to 1947 National Movement.
6.Facts about Kerala
- Geographical Facts Physical Features Climate Soils Rivers Famous Sites
- Renaissance of Kerala, Important Events, Movements, Leaders: Brahmananda Swami Sivayogi, Chattampi Swami, Sree Narayana Guru, Vagbhatananda, Thycaud Ayya, Ayya Vaikundar, Poikayil Yohannan (Kumara Guru), Ayyankali, Pandit Karuppan, Mannathu Padmanabhan, V.T.Bhattathirippad, Dr. Palpu, Kumaranasan, Vakkom Moulavi, Blessed Kuriakose Elias Chavara.
7. Constitution of India and Civil Rights
- Basic Facts
- Fundamental Rights & Duties
- Directive Principle
- Union Government
- Union Territories
- State Executive
- Apex Courts
- Comptroller and Auditor General
- Public Service Commissions and Other Important Offices
- Important Amendments etc.
Rights: Human Rights, Human Rights Commission, Right to Education, Right to Information, Information Commission, Social Audit, Lokayukta, Ombudsman, Women Empowerment, Women’s Commission, Legislation against Child Labour and Atrocities against women and Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes etc.
8. General English
- Grammar, Agreement of Subject and Verb
- Comparison of Adjectives, Confusing Adjectives and Adverbs
- Correct usage of Articles, Prepositions
- Active and Passive Voice
- Direct and Indirect Speech
- Correction in Sentences.
- Vocabulary, Gender, Singular and Plural
- Synonyms, Antonyms, One word Substitutes
- Idioms and their meanings
- Problem concerning words.
9. Social Welfare Schemes and Measures
Schemes in India, Schemes in Kerala:
Indira Awaas Yojana, Andyodaya Anna Yojana, Balika Samridhi Yojana, Bharat Nirman, Integrated Child Development Scheme, Jawahar Rozgar Yojana, Mahila Samridhi Yojana, Kudumbasree, National Food for Work Programme, NRDP, NREGP, Prime Minister’s Rozgar Yojana, Rural Development Pradhan, Mantri Adharsh Gram Yojana, Samagra Awaas Yojana, Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojana, Valmiki Ambedkar Awaas Yojana, Rural Landless Employment Guarantee Programme etc.
11. Information Technology and Cyber Laws
Fundamentals of Computers Internet, Cyber Laws.
Kerala PSC Website: https://thulasi.psc.keralapsc.gov.in/thulasi/
How to prepare PSC exams through the Entri app:
Candidates are advised to keep checking the Entri blog for more updates and start preparing through Entri App
All the best for your Exams!