Students, parents, teachers – everyone is talking about NEET. This article tries to clear some air and address the common questions about NEET.
1. What is NEET exam?
NEET is the short for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test and is a single common entrance test system for MBBS, BDS and post-graduate medical courses in India. While the 2010 notification had made NEET mandatory for admissions, the apex court in 2013 had declared it illegal, an order that was this month recalled.
2. I’ve wrote KEAM last day. Can I get admission to a medical college?
As far as we understand, the rank you secure in KEAM or any other admission tests, already held or scheduled for later, for admission to government colleges, deemed universities, private medical colleges, minority and linguistic minority colleges stand scrapped. As of now seats to all the medical and related courses will be filled through NEET rank list.
3. I’ve applied and writing AIPMT. Should I apply for NEET exams also?
No need. All India Pre-Medical Test (AIPMT) will be considered the first phase of NEET. Therefore the first phase of NEET will be held on May 1.
4. I haven’t applied for AIPMT yet, do I lose an year?
No. Those those who had not applied for AIPMT (NEET 1) will be given the opportunity to appear in NEET-2 on July 24.
5. I had applied for AIPMT but couldn’t write the exam. What should I do?
Don’t worry, you can apply and write the NEET – 2 which is scheduled on July 24th.
6. I couldn’t write AIPMT (NEET – 1) well. Since I was more focused on state entrance exams and don’t think I will get a good score AIPMT and has tampered my chances of getting into a good college. What should I do?
You can apply fresh and reappear for NEET – 2. But your NEET – 1 (AIPMT) scores will not be considered anymore.
7. What is the application fee for NEET?
Only the date-schedule have been announced so far. But since AIPMT forms the first phase, it might follow a similar fee structure. You can more details abouts AIPMT at http://aipmt.nic.in/.
8. When will the results of NEET be announced?
The combined result of two phases would be declared on August 17. The admission process will be completed by September 30.
9. Should i write NEET for admission to a private medical college?
Yes, as of now, to secure an admission in any medical college you need to write NEET.
Important Dates for NEET
- May 1: First phase of NEET
- July 24: Second phase of NEET
- August 17: Final result of students’ shortlisted for medical courses (All India Pre- Medical/Dental Entrance Test)
- September 30: Last date to complete procedures for entrance in medical colleges
Last updated on : 10th May 2016
P.S. : Since the issue is under consideration of Hon. Supreme Court this will be subjected to change based on the court ruling. We assure you that we will update the post as and when changes occur.
Entri is an online learning platform which helps you in preparing for entrance exams. Join now and start preparing for NEET at http://entri.me/