APPSC Group I is a prestigious competitive exam that is conducted to recruit civil servants in the state administration of Andhra Pradesh. There is no one better to take advice from and to follow when you would like to crack a particular exam, than the ones who have already cracked the exam. The toppers recommend studying the NCERT books and State board books as the first step towards civil service exam preparation. The NCERTs and State Board Books are credible and lucid sources of exam relevant information.
Candidates should assess their understanding of basic concepts and read the class 11th class 12th NCERT books, . The best books for AP are the AP SCERT syllabus books.
Next for the General knowledge, History, Current affairs, read the newspapers like the Hindu. Read the editorials , make note of all the recent government schemes and economic policies
It is imperative that the candidate has a clear picture on what he/she will be tested on in the exams( exam syllabus and pattern). Next is focusing on the perfect reference material. It is always better to focus on one book and go in depth on all the topics.
Focal points of the Prelims exam are
|Paper I||General Studies||120||120 Mins|
|Paper II||General Aptitude||120||120Mins|
Focal Points of the Main exam are
|Descriptive Type||Paper 1 – General Essay||150|
|Paper 2 – History, Culture & Geography of India & A.P||150|
|Paper 3 – Political, Constitution, Governance, Law & Ethics||150|
|Paper 4 – Economy and Development of India & A.P||150|
|Paper 5 – Science and Technology.||150|
- Group 1 Prelims Paper I – General Studies
History and Culture
Constitution, Polity, Social Justice & International Relations.
Characteristics of Indian Economy and Andhra Pradesh Economy and Planning
- Group 1 Prelims Paper II – General Aptitude
General Mental Ability and Administrative and Psychological Abilities
Science and Technology
Current Events of Regional, National and International importance Constitution, Social Justice and International Relation
Group 1 Prelims Paper I – General Studies
- History & Culture
- Constitution, Polity, Social Justice & International Relations.
- Indian and Andhra Pradesh Economy and Planning.
- Basic charecteristics of Indian Economy
- National Income
- Indian Agriculture.
- Financial Institutions
- Characteristics/Basic futures of AP Economy.
- General Geography
Group 1 Prelims Paper II – General Aptitude
- General Mental and Psychological Abilities
- Science and Technology
- Current Events of Regional, national and International Importance.
Group 1 Mains Syllabus for English
- Letter Writing
- Press Release/Appeal
- Report Writing.
- Writing on Visual Information
- Formal Speech
- Previs Writing.
- Reading Comprehension
- English Grammar
APPSC Group 1 Mains Syllabus for Telugu Medium
- Elaborate the though of Poetic or Verse
- Precise Writing
- Formal Speech.
- To Prepare the statements for Publicity media.
- Letter writing
- Debate writing
- Application writing
- Report writing.
- Dialogue writing or dialogue skills
- The grammar of Telugu.
- Telugu Akademi books have books in Telugu
History and Culture: History is one of the most important subjects for the APPSC Group 1 Exam. Indian History is a very vast subject covering the following areas:
- Ancient Indian History
Indus Valley Civilization
Mahajanapadas Buddhism and Related Topics Mauryan Empire,
Administrative Structure, Rulers and Legacy
Gupta Empire, Rulers and Legacy
Invasions from Central Asian Kingdoms, States and Dynasties of South India, Their Rulers and L
- Medieval Indian History
- Modern Indian History: Art and culture duing the reign of dynasties
- Nationalistic movement : Andhra Mahasabhas, Andhra Movement- prominent leaders-,
Books recommended for History
History –8th and 12th NCERT books
Bipin chandra’s India’s struggle for Independence.
Ancient India –RS Sharma
Medieval India – Satish Chandra
Modern India – Bipan Chandra
Raghunatha Rao – Modern History of Andhra Pradesh
The Story of Civilization Part-1-Arjun-Dev/The Story Of Civilization Volume 1
AP bifurcation problems by KodaliBhavaniSankar, Kodali Bhavani Sankar, et al. | 1 January 2018. : Read only Ap reorganisation Act , Gazette
Kiran’s APPSC History Solved Paper Paperback – 1 Jan 2019 by Kiran Prakashan (Author), Pratiyogita Kiran (Author), KICX (Author)
Books recommended for Current Affairs:
- Indian Polity and Governance:
- Read NCERT class 11 to 12 for introduction
Laxmikanth’s (5th Edition)Indian Polity : This one book is more than sufficient for polity
Books recommended for Geography:
- Ncert class 6-12(highly recommended)
- For world geography focus on world map (Make note of boundaries shared by countries, important places, rivers of the world, mountains,
Books recommended for Economics:
- Ncert class 11-12(highly recommended)
- Economic survey 2017 -18 volume 1 and 2 (Give more importance to volume 2)
- Indian Economy by Ramesh singh
- Ishwar C Dhingra’s March of the Indian Economy)
- Sanjeev verma economy
- sriaram’s economy Union Budget 2018 – 2019
- Economy of Andhra Pradesh : Read current issues and more importantly supplement with. ECONOMIC SURVEY
Books recommended for Disaster management:
- CBSE books of 8th to 10th standard on Disaster management
Websites related to disaster management
- Ramesh Singh/ Disaster Management:
Books recommended for Science:
- NCERT 10th t0 12 th General science books
- Make note of science and technological developments from any newspaper or competitive exam magazines
Books recommended for Logical reasoning, Data analysis:
R S Agarwal book
APPSC General Studies and Mental Ability
RPH Editorial Board (Author)Andhra Pradesh General Knowledge
Every book recommended will have certain key pieces of information that one needs to concentrate on.
The general consensus of all the people who have attempted this exam and cracked it , agree that it is definitely systematic persistant hardwork and smartwork that help you ace the exam.
It is imperative to understand that there are no shortcuts for preparation, daily practice is essential This is a sincere attempt is to help students to focus on the essential books to focus on. Follow Entri Blog on updates on the APPSC group 1 exam. Stay focussed and you will reach your goal.
- Group 1 Prelims Paper I – General Studies