IBPS SO Interview
The IBPS SO interview is the final step for candidates who have qualified the Prelims and Mains Examinations. The IBPS SO conducts the interview in unison with participating banks to select new Specialist Officers.
The total marks allocated for the IBPS SO Interview is 100. The minimum marks to be secured is not less than 40% for all candidates except SC/ST/OBC category whose minimum is set at 35 %. The cumulative marks of the online examinations and the marks of the interview are considered in the 80:20 ratio. Based on this weightage ratio, the final merit list is published for allotment to the banks.
IBPS SO Interview Tips
The Interview is mainly aimed at testing the candidate’s personality and attitude more than his professional knowledge and skills which has already been tested through the online exams.
As soon as the results are out, it is important to start preparing for the interview. The important topics that should not be left out are-
- IT Officer – computer basics, hardware problems, server configuration, networking & security, database
- Agriculture Feild Officer -productive farming, soil types, crop varieties, cattle, fisheries, agricultural schemes
- Marketing Officer -market conditions, latest strategies, promotions, customer handling, banking products, leadership skills
- HR Officer-employee relations, performance appraisal methods, behavioral techniques, financial matters, work environment, leave adjustments
- Law Officer-banking, financial sector rules, financial schemes, banking regulations, policies, economic condition, Acts and MoU’s
- Learn about the organization and the post.
- go through the current affairs pertaining to the last six months
- explore your key strengths that would go along with the responsibilities of the job post
- read about the Indian Banking Policies and Financial System
- go through the Frequently Asked Questions of the IBPS SO interview and find out answers from your context.
Finally at the time of the interview, give attention to the following factors:-
- Communication skills
- Personality and maturity
- Career goals and experience
Entri is an award-winning online platform which helps students to prepare for various competitive examinations and keeps them updated on various exam schedules. Practice question papers and mock tests for Kerala PSC, SSC CHSL, SSC CGL, IIT JEE Mains, NEET, KEAM, and Comedk are available for students to know where they stand and prepare accordingly. Doubt forums are also made available to students to provide a platform for them to interact with experts and clear all their doubts and queries. A suitable app to help you stand out in various competitions.
Entri wishes all the candidates the very best for the upcoming examination!