- 1 Kerala Police SI 2019: Vacancy
- 2 Qualifications for the post of Kerala Police SI 2019
- 3 Kerala Police SI 2019 Selection Process
- 4 Kerala PSC SI Age Limit 2019
- 5 Kerala Police SI 2019 Exam Pattern
- 6 Kerala Police SI 2019 Syllabus
Coming from the official sources, the much awaited and anticipated Kerala Police Sub Inspector (SI) exam notification is expected to be released within a short order.
It is in the year 2015 that the last Kerala Police SI exam was conducted and the rank list of selected candidates was published on March 2019.As per the Kerala PSC rule,once the rank list is published, within a year of time the next set of examination and recruitment shall be conducted and therefore the previous rank list published shall cease to be in force.Taking this into consideration, 2019 is an year that knocks opportunity at every Kerala Police SI aspirant’s door.
As it is time to beat the clock and start preparing for the exam, every SI aspirants has many factors such as syllabus, eligibility, age limit, exam pattern, vacancies etc to take into account.
Kerala Police SI 2019: Vacancy
As of now, Kerala PSC is yet to announce the vacancy list of Kerala Police SI posts. Official Notification will be soon notified.As of the rank list published on March 2019, it has been shown that around 40 people have already been taken for the posts.In a long gap between 2015 and 2019 hopefully the vacancies can be more in number this year.
Qualifications for the post of Kerala Police SI 2019
Another interesting fact of Kerala PSC SI 2019 Recruitment exam is that Women candidates and aspirants can give thumbs up as they are eligible to apply for this post as well.
- Both men and women candidates/aspirants should have completed their Bachelors degree or an equivalent in any stream from a recognized university.
- Age Relaxation will be applicable as per Government Rules.
Physical Qualification/ Requirement:
For both men and women to be eligible for the SI recruitment exam post must be physically fit.They should meet the minimum physical standards mentioned below:
|Height||165.10 cm||5’ 55”|
|For SC/ST candidates||160.02 cm||5’ 3”|
|Chest Measurement (Normal)||81.28 cm||32”|
|Chest Expansion||5.08 cm||2”|
- As per the rule, no relaxation will be sanctioned SC/ST candidates/applicants in subject to the Chest Measurement
|For SC/ST Candidates||155 cm|
- Taller people are given preference.
For the Kerala Police SI recruitment, prescribed vision is a vital requirement for candidates to get selected.Both men and women have to be certified to meet the requirements of prescribed visual standards without glasses. Below are the specified visual standards.
|Left Eye||Right Eye|
|1||Distant Vision||6/6 Snellen||6/6 Snellen|
|2||Near Vision||0.5 Snellen||0.5 Snellen|
- It should be clearly noted that each eye must have the full field of vision.Color Blindness, Squint or any abnormal or diseased condition of the eye or the lids of either eye are considered as evident reasons to be disqualified.
Though the candidates get past the written exam and physical test successfully, during the time of interview, if the candidate fails to produce a valid medical certificate he/she is ineligible for the SI post and hence will be deemed to get disqualified.
Therefore the candidate should produce an original medical certificate in the prescribed form certifying to their physical fitness and eyesight without glasses attained from any one of the mentioned following medical officers.
- Director, Health Services
- Deputy Director, Health Services
- Principal, Medical College
- District Hospital Superintendent
- District Medical Officer
- Ophthalmic Hospital Superintendent
- Director, T.B. Centre
- First Grade Civil Surgeon
- Medical College Professor
- Associate Professor in any of the Medical Colleges
Kerala Police SI 2019 Selection Process
- Preliminary Written Exam
- Main Written Exam
- Physical Measurement Test
- Physical Efficiency Test
- Medical Test
- Document Verification/Interview
- Final Rank List
Kerala PSC SI Age Limit 2019
Kerala PSC SI Recruitment Exam is an Open Market exam for the fresher candidates/applicants.Candidates from Ministerial Staff and Constabulary are also allowed to apply for the exam.They can either choose for the open market exam or for the reserved quota but not for both.
|Category I||Open Market||20-31|
|Category II||Ministerial||Not more than 36 years|
|Category III||Constabulary||Not more than 36 years|
- Principles of rules of Reservation ad rotation shall be applied to only Category I (Open Market ) candidates.Meanwhile, Category II and III candidates will be advised on merit basis only.
Kerala Police SI 2019 Exam Pattern
Kerala Police SI exam indomitably is in an OMR(Objective Multiple Choice) online test mode. The exam duration is of 75 minutes with 100 set of questions each carrying 1 mark.Wrong answers will deduct 1/3 mark for each mistake.Here the candidates should be careful as to avoid answering uncertain answers and not lose any marks.
Medium of exam will be in English.
Kerala Police SI 2019 Syllabus
As of now PSC has not officially announced pr finalized the syllabus of the Kerala Police SI 2019 exam but one can start preparing with the previous exam syllabus as major changes cannot be expected.The syllabus of the previous exam (i.e 2015 exam), are as follows;
|PART 1||Quantitative Aptitude|
|PART 2||Mental Ability and Test of Reasoning|
|PART 3||General Science|
|PART 4||Current Affairs|
|PART 5||Facts About Kerala|
|PART 6||Facts About India|
|PART 7||Constitution of India|
|PART 8||General English|
|PART 9||Social Welfare Schemes and Measures|
|PART 10||Information Technology and Cyber Laws|
Considering all the above points mentioned it is high time that Kerala Police SI 2019 candidates should hit the books and start rigorous preparation. This year’s exam is a golden opportunity for every ambitious SI aspirants and hence make sure that you would leave no stone unturned and come out successful.
Any notifications and updates regarding this exam will be brought before you as soon as possible.