- 0.0.1 ABOUT THE EXAM
- 0.0.2 IMPORTANT DATES
- 0.0.3 VACANCY
- 0.0.4 ELIGIBILITY
- 0.0.5 EXAM PATTERN
- 0.0.6 MODEL EXAMS
- 0.0.7 CUT-OFF MARK
- 0.0.8 SALARY
- 0.0.9 ONLINE APPLICATION
- 0.1 About Entri
- 1 Comments
ABOUT THE EXAM
Railway recruitment board have invited the application for the posts of RPF SI & Constable from both male & female candidates. Those who have passed the Graduation degree & under 25 years are eligible for the SI posts where SSLC is enough for constable posts.
Candidates can fill the applications from June 01 2018 on wards from the official website. The exam is tentatively scheduled for the month of December and the candidates can download their admit cards, 10 – 15 days prior to the examination.There will be three stages of screening before the final selection list;
- Computer Based Test
- Physical Efficiency test
- Document Verification
For RPF SI , 819 (Male) and 301 (female), and for constable , 4403 (Male) and 4216 (female) vacancies are announced.
For Constable :
For SI :
1.Education Qualification :
For SI – Graduation and under 25 years
For Constable – SSLC / Matrix and under 25 years
- Age relaxation is subjected to central government norms.
- Those awaiting results of the final examination of the prescribed educational are not eligible.
2. Physical measurement :
There are three stages of screening:
1. Phase 1 – Computer Based Test
Exam Duration – 90 minutes ; Total Marks – 120
- General Awareness (50 marks)
- Arithmetic (35 marks)
- General Intelligence & reasoning(35 marks)
For RPF SI, exam level may be similar to that of SSC CGL and for Constable similar to SSC CHSL.
Current Affairs, History, Geography, Economics, Basic Science , Art & Culture, Polity etc
Sources : Entri App, NCERT textbooks, Current Affairs , News Papers
- Number systems, decimal and fractions and relationships between numbers,
- arithmetical operations, ratio and proportion, averages, interest, profit and loss, discount, mensuration, percentages,time and distance
- use of table and graphs etc.
Sources : Entri App, Quantative Aptitude by Agarwal
General Intelligence & reasoning :
- Analogies, spatial visualization & orientation,
- problem solving analysis,
- judgement & decision making, visual memory,
- discriminating observation, relationship concepts,
- arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetic & non-verbal series, coding and decoding, statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning etc.
Sources : Entri App, General Intelligence & reasoning by Agarwal
2. Phase 2 – Physical Efficiency Test
For Constable :
For SI :
3. Phase 3 – Document Verification
- Based on the performance of candidates in the phase 01 test and their PET & PMT, candidates will be called for Document Verification.
Attempting as many mock tests as possible is a sure bet towards clearing the exams and finally becoming a RPF employee.
The Entri educational app can be easily downloaded in your phones and the following model exams can be practised . Full length mock tests and subject wise mocks are available in the app.
2015 Cut off Marks for RPF SI :
The RPF SI’s salary after the 7th CPC is Rs.35,400/- and Total Salary Per Month (Gross Salary) will be around Rs 43, 000.
For RPF Constable gross salary will be between Rs. 31270/- 27902 depending upon the posting centre.
- Candidates can click on the “New Registration”link on the home page of the Online Registration portal of RPF – SI 02/2018 for the recruitment of Sub Inspector post &Registration portal of RPF Constable -01/2018 for the recruitment of Constable post and carry out the instructions which are mentioned
For RPF SI : (https://si1.rpfonlinereg.org/home.html) .
For RPF Constable : https://constable1.rpfonlinereg.org/home.html
Entri is an award-winning online platform which helps students to prepare for various competitive examinations and keeps them updated on various exam schedules.Practice question papers and mock tests for Kerala PSC, SSC CHSL, SSC CGL, IIT JEE Mains, NEET, KEAM, and Comedk are available for students to know where they stand and prepare accordingly.Doubt forums are also made available to students to provide a platform for them to interact with experts and clear all their doubts and queries.A suitable app to help you stand out in various competitions.
Entri wishes all the candidates the very best for the upcoming examination!