RPF Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2018 for SI and Constable is now available. The RPF examination is conducted in three phases. The online examination will be held in the first phase. Candidates who will qualify in Phase I will have to appear for Phase II.
The RPF selection will be based on 3 stages:
- Computer Based Test – Phase I
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET) & Physical Measurement Test – Phase – II
- Document Verification Phase III
RPF Exam Pattern:
Phase I Computer Based Test RPF Exam Pattern are given below. 1/3 marks shall be deducted for every wrong answer. The standard of the examination will be 10th/Matric level.
RPF SI and Constable Syllabus:
For the Phase 1 CBT, Syllabus is as following:
Total Duration: 90 min. No. of Questions: 120
- General Awareness (50 marks)
- Arithmetic (35 marks)
- General Intelligence & reasoning(35 marks)
General Awareness: Number of Questions – 50
- Current Affairs
- Indian History
- Art & Culture
- General Polity & Indian Constitution
- Sports, and General Science etc.
Sources : Entri App, NCERT textbooks, Current Affairs , News Papers
Arithmetic: Number of Questions – 35
- Number systems, whole numbers
- Decimal and fractions and relationships between numbers
- Fundamental arithmetical operations (BODMAS)
- Ratio and Proportion
- Interest(SI & CI)
- Profit and loss, discount
- Table and graphs
- Time and distance, etc.
Sources : Entri App, Quantative Aptitude by Agarwal
General Intelligence & Reasoning: Number of Questions – 35
- Analogies, similarities and differences
- Spatial visualisation, spatial orientation
- Problem-solving analysis, judgement, decision making
- Visual memory, discriminating observation
- Relationship concepts
- Arithmetical reasoning & number series
- Verbal and figure classification
- Non-verbal series
- Coding and decoding
- Statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning etc.
Sources: Entri App, General Intelligence & reasoning by Agarwal
Entri is an award-winning online platform which helps students to prepare for various competitive examinations and keeps them updated on various exam schedules. Practice question papers and mock tests for Kerala PSC, SSC CHSL, SSC CGL, IIT JEE Mains, NEET, KEAM, and Comedk are available for students to know where they stand and prepare accordingly. Doubt forums are also made available to students to provide a platform for them to interact with experts and clear all their doubts and queries. A suitable app to help you stand out in various competitions.
Entri wishes all the candidates the very best for the upcoming examination!