- 1 RRB NTPC 2019 Important Dates
- 2 Eligibility for RRB NTPC 2019
- 3 RRB NTPC 2019 Selection Process
- 4 RRB NTPC 2019 Syllabus
- 5 RRB NTPC 2019 Posts and Pay levels
- 6 RRB NTPC 2019 Salary
- 7 RRB NTPC 2019 Mock Tests in Entri
Railway Recruitment Board(RRB) had invited the application for the Non-Technical Popular Categories (NTPC). 35,902 vacancies are reported across different Railway Recruitment Board(RRB)s. The recruitment process includes two stages of Computer Based Test(CBT) following the skill test, document verification process, and medical test. The Non Technical Popular Categories (NTPC) positions includes Junior Clerk cum Typist, Accounts Clerk cum Typist, Junior Time Keeper, Trains Clerk, Commercial cum Ticket Clerk, Traffic Assistant, Goods Guard, Senior Commercial cum Ticket Clerk, Senior Clerk cum Typist, Junior Account Assistant cum Typist, Senior Time Keeper, Commercial Apprentice and Station Master in various Railway Boards. The eligibility criteria for RRB NTPC 2019 are either the graduation or the higher secondary level depends upon different posts.
RRB NTPC 2019 Important Dates
- Online Application Starting Date – 01 March 2019
- Closing Date – 31 March 2019
- Closing Date for Payment of Application Fee – 05 April 2019
- Phase 01 CBT – Tentatively scheduled for August/September 2019
RRB NTPC 2019 Total Vacancy
The official notification of RRB NTPC came out with 44,531 vacancies, but the numbers eventually go down to 35,902 by May 2019. The number of vacancies may further change.
Eligibility for RRB NTPC 2019
RRB NTPC 2019 Selection Process
The RRB NTPC 2019 selection process includes two stages of written examination followed by the skill tests, document verification, and medical test. Candidates must successfully pass each stage to advance for the next level.
Stage 01 Computer Based Test
100 questions, 90 minutes
Stage 02 Computer Based Test
120 questions, 90 minutes
If any of the candidates become eligible for more than one pay level posts then, he/she has to give different examination in the second phase for each pay level. There shall be a Computer Based Aptitude Test (CBAT) for the candidates who have opted for the Traffic Assistant and Station Master posts.
For the Typists(Junior & Senior), Time Keeper and the Accountant posts there shall be a skill test before the DV. The CBT’s and CBAT and the skill tests( if applicable) will follow the document verification and the medical examination before the final selection lists. Interested candidates can visit here for more details about the books for the RRB NTPC 2019 preparation: RRB NTPC 2019 Books
Based on the candidate’s performances in the stage -02 examinations and CBAT & Skill test( wherever applicable) they will call for the document verification process.
Medical examination will be held for each and every post depending upon the medical standards prescribed for each post.
For more details about the RRB NTPC exam pattern and syllabus, candidates can visit here. RRB NTPC Exam Pattern & Syllabus.
RRB NTPC 2019 Syllabus
Syllabus for Computer Based Test
- Number System Decimals, Fractions, LCM, HCF,
- Ratio and Proportions, Percentage,
- Time and Work, Time and Distance,
- Simple and Compound Interest,
- Profit and Loss,
- Elementary Algebra,
- Geometry and Trigonometry, Elementary Statistics, etc.
General Intelligence and Reasoning
- Number and Alphabetical Series, Coding and Decoding,
- Mathematical Operations, Similarities, and Differences,
- Relationships, Analytical Reasoning, Syllogism,
- Jumbling, Venn Diagrams, Puzzle,
- Data Sufficiency, Statement- Conclusion,
- Statement- Courses of Action, Decision Making, Maps, Interpretation of Graphs, etc.
- Current Affairs
- Games and Sports, Art and Culture of India,
- Indian Literature, Monuments and Places of India,
- General Science and Life Science (up to 10th CBSE),
- History of India and Freedom Struggle,
- Physical, Social and Economic Geography of India and World,
- Indian Polity and Governance,
- General Scientific and Technological Developments
- UN and Other important World Organizations,
- Environmental Issues Concerning India and World at Large,
- Basics of Computers and Computer Applications,
- Common Abbreviations,
- Transport Systems in India,
- Indian Economy,
- Famous Personalities of India and World,
- Flagship Government Programs,
- Flora and Fauna of India,
- Important Government and Public Sector Organizations of India etc
RRB NTPC 2019 Posts and Pay levels
RRB NTPC 2019 Salary
All of the NTPC positions will have the perks of House Rent Allowance (HrA), Dearness Allowance(DA) and Travel Allowance (TA) along with their basic pay. Railway employees can also enjoy medical benefits and the pension scheme. As per the new orders, selected candidates can draw their salary based on the 7th CPC.
The House Rent Allowance (HRA) is compensation for expenses in connection with the rent of the accommodation to be hired/leased by the employee and is fixed upon the level of the employee. So, for the level 6 positions,8496, 5564 and 2832 would be the HRA for class X, Y & Z cities. For the junior clerk, accountant, timekeeper salary will be on level 2 of the 7th pay with initial pay of Rs. 19900 /, for Commercial cum Ticket Clerk salary will be on the level 3 of the 7th pay with initial pay of Rs. 21700/.Click here to get a detailed account of the salary. RRB NTPC Salary
RRB NTPC 2019 Mock Tests in Entri
Mock tests are the best way to analyze your preparation level. Often mock tests will bring you in-depth knowledge of examination pattern. Time management is the key for most of the Computer Based Tets(CBT)s. So one should attend at least 05 mock tests before facing the actual tests. Entri brings you hundreds of mock tests both full length including the previous year question papers and sectional tests. Daily GK capsules along with rank boosters will help you to enhance your preparation level.
Once you purchase Entri Unlimited you can access all the courses not just RRB NTPC. We are providing video lectures for General Intelligence and Reasoning, Numerical Ability and General Awareness. Candidates can access these video lectures on their luxury. Those who wish to attend the examination in their regional languages(Malayalam or Tamil)can also access the study materials and the mock tests in their desired language.
There are free mock tests available for you to check our platform. With our Entri Unlimited option, you can prepare for all your competitive examinations with the comfort of your home. Candidates can also discuss their doubts and query on our discussion board, we will get back to you at the earliest. You can download the Entri app from your play store for free.
- 3 months – Rs. 999/
- 6 months – Rs. 1499/
- 1 year – Rs. 1999/
Candidates can find the detail information’s about the recruitment from the official notification. RRB NTPC 2019 official notification
Daily practice is key to your success. Start your preparation, attempt mock tests analyze progress. Entri wishes you all the best for your future.