SSC CGL 2018 Tier-1 Exam which was expected to be conducted from July 25 to August 20 has been postponed. The new revised timetable is likely to be released this week. Candidates who have applied for the same are requested to check the website regularly for any new notifications.
Tier 1 exam will be held online and consists of four sections. It should be noted that the grades of candidates in tier 1 and tier 2 exams will be normalized and considered in selecting them for further rounds. Candidates have to clear tier 1 for appearing tier 2 and tier 3. Being one of the most popular government job examinations in India, every year a large number of candidates appear for the examination to avail one of the 10,000(approx) vacancies available.
SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam Pattern
SSC CGL Tier-1 exam will be conducted online and consists of 4 sections and carries a total of 200 marks. The duration of the exam is 1 hour. The exam pattern is given below.
|Sections||No. of Questions||Marks|
|English Language and Comprehension||25||50|
|General intelligence and Reasoning||25||50|
|General Awareness (Finance and Economics)||25||50|
SSC CGL 2018 Tier-1 Syllabus
- General Intelligence and reasoning: Classification, analogy,coding-decoding, paper-folding method, matrix, word formation, Venn diagram, direction and distance, blood relation, series, verbal and non-verbal reasoning.
- General Awareness: Static general knowledge(History), science, current affairs, sports, books and author, important scheme, portfolios, people in news.
- Quantitative Aptitude: Simplification, interest, average, percentage, ratio and proportion, problems on ages, speed, distance and time, number system, mensuration, data interpretation, time and work, algebra, trigonometry and geometry.
- English Comprehension: Reading comprehension, fill in the blanks, spelling, phrases and idioms, one-word substitution, sentence correcting and error spotting.
SSC CGL 2018 Tier -1 Study Plan
Being one of the most sought-after exams in India, clearing SSC CGL Tier -1 requires a certain amount of preparation. Preparing for the exam within a limited time of one month is not an easy task, but is neither an impossible one. All one requires is a certain level of dedication and discipline. Since many of the topics in the syllabus have been covered in middle school or high school, it will be easier to prepare for the exam and dedicating 8 hours a day will be enough to qualify the exam with flying colors. We have provided below a 30 day study plan outline which you can use to prepare for the examination. At the end of each week, you should take out time to solve the mock questions as well as previous year questions related to the topics you have covered during that week.
The time can be allotted depending on the level of difficulty of the subject for each individual.
Previous year SSC CGL question papers are available here.
SSC CGL 30 day Study Plan
|Day||General Intelligence and Reasoning||General Awareness||Quantitative Aptitude||English Comprehension|
|1-5||Analogy, Mathematical Operations,|
|History, Geography, Indian culture and Environment.||Number system, Percentage,|
Simplification, Ratio and proportion.
fill in the blanks,
|6-7||Solve previous year questions|
|8-12||Odd one out, non-verbal and verbal reasoning, Direction sense.||Economics,|
|Average, data interpretation,|
profit, loss and discount.
|Antonyms, Idioms and phrases, one-word substitution.|
|13-14||Solve previous year questions|
|15-19||Logic sequence of words and Puzzles, coding- decoding,Matrix||Biology, Computer Science, Important date and schemes.||Time and distance, time and work, Problems on real word(age, partnership).||Sentence improvement,
active and passive voice, direct and indirect speech.
|20-21||Solve previous year questions|
|22-26||Blood relation,Paper folding and cutting,Venn diagram.||Sports and dates related to it, current affairs, books and authors.||Algebra, Geometry, Mensuration.||Cloze test, comprehension reading, Jumbled words and puzzles.|
Solve previous year question papers and mock tests
|29 - 30||Revision|
Tips and guidelines for students preparing for SSC CGL Tier-1
- Read newspapers everyday. This will not only improve your knowledge on current affairs but will also help improve your reading speed. Also, attempt current affairs quiz daily to keep yourself updated.
- Solve as many previous years question papers and mock test as possible. Many of the questions asked are repeated questions and thus by referring to the previous years’ question papers, you might be able to solve them quickly.
- Learn to solve mock question papers in the allotted time as this will help improve your speed.
- Practice solving different kinds of numerical and logical reasoning questions to develop your problem-solving skills.
- Read as many English books and comprehension passages as possible as it will help develop your language skills.
- Remember: A healthy body is equally important for a healthy mind. Make sure to have a balanced diet and to take proper rest the day before the exam.
Entri is an award-winning online platform which helps students to prepare for various competitive examinations and keeps them updated on various exam schedules. Practice question papers and mock tests for Kerala PSC, SSC CHSL, SSC CGL etc are available for students to know where they stand and prepare accordingly. Doubt forums are also made available to students to provide a platform for them to interact with experts and clear all their doubts and queries. A suitable app to help you stand out in various competitions.
Entri wishes all the candidates the very best for the upcoming examination!
Download the Entri App today to stay ahead of the competition!