Teachers’ recruitment board under Tamil Nadu government, authority to conduct teachers eligibility test has released Tamil Nadu TET syllabus 2019 for paper 1 and paper 2. Those who are going to prepare for the exam just read the content below for detailed syllabus and exam pattern. Follow the passage below for the Tamil Nadu TET syllabus resource relating the examination.
Tamil Nadu TET 2019 Eligibility
Based on the eligibility standards given by Teachers Recruitment Board (TRB) Tamilnadu given below are the criteria relating age limit and educational qualification
Age limit: The applicants’ age should not be less than 18 years and not exceed 40 years of age. Communal reservations are applicable as per the rule and regulations of Government
It is according to the paper selected for the exam.
For Paper 1:
- If you are applying for secondary grade teacher for standard I to V, you need the either of the following qualification:
- B.Ed in Nursery Teacher Training
- Diploma in Teacher Education
- Diploma in Elementary Education from a Recognized Training Institute
- Candidates who doing D.E.Ed/B.Ed degree are also eligible.
- Candidates who are visually impaired are not eligible.
For Paper 2:
- If you are applying for graduate teacher, you should need either of the following qualification
- B.Lit. degree with Tamil, English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, History and Geography as major subjects and B.Ed from a recognized university
- Candidates with B.Lit. (Tamil) degree should have either B.Ed. Or TPT or D.T.Ed.
Tamil Nadu TET Exam procedure
- There are two paper 1 and paper 2. Each correct answer carries 1 mark
- There is no negative marking for wrong answers
- One can write answers with calculated guess instead of skipping an unknown question
- Total duration is 3 hrs. and maximum mark is 150
|Child Development and Pedagogy
(relevant to the age group of 6 – 11 years)
|Language I (Tamil/Telugu/Malayalam/Kannada/Urdu)||30||30|
|Language II – English||30||30|
Child development and pedagogy deals with educational psychology of teaching and learning confined to the age group 6-11 years. Language I focuses on medium of instruction. Language II English focuses on communication, comprehension and basics. Mathematics focus on problem solving ability and environmental studies contains pedagogical understanding. One has to cover the syllabus of class 1-5.
|Child Development and Pedagogy
(relevant to the age group of 11– 14years) (compulsory)
|Language I (Tamil/Telugu/Malayalam/Kannada/Urdu) (compulsory)||30||30|
|Language II – English (compulsory)||30||30|
|a) For Mathematics and Science Teacher: Mathematics and Science or
b) Social Science Teacher: Social Science or
c) for other Teacher either (a) or (b)
In paper 2 Child Development and Pedagogy should cover the educational psychology of teaching and learning of age group 11– 14years. Syllabus should one has to cover is from class 6 to class 8. For detailed Tamil Nadu TET Syllabus 2019 for Paper 1 and Paper 2 see below
Tamil Nadu TET Syllabus
Aspirants of Tamilnadu TET exam, they can check the TNTET part 1 and part 2 syllabus here. Read below for topic wise syllabus
Child Development and Pedagogy
- Nature of Educational Psychology.
- Cognitive Development.
- Human Growth and Development.
- Social, Emotional and Moral Development.
- Motivation and Group Dynamics.
- Intelligence and Creativity.
- Personality and Assessment.
- Guidance and Counseling.
- Mental Health and Hygiene.
- Study English syllabus of Standard VI, VII & VIII by Government of Tamil Nadu.
- Study Mathematics syllabus of Standard VI, VII & VIII by Government of Tamil Nadu.
- Study Science syllabus of Standard VI, VII & VIII by Government of Tamil Nadu.
- Study Social Science syllabus of Standard VI, VII & VIII by Government of Tamil Nadu.
For more details regarding TNTET syllabus, previous questions papers and latest update regularly follow Entri app.