Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission(TNPSC) has invited applications from interested candidates to vacant positions in Combined Civil Services Examination – 4 (Group-IV). Applications are invited for the years 2018-2019 and 2019-2020 for the Direct Recruitment against these vacancies. The Group IV posts included in the Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service, Tamil Nadu Judicial Ministerial Service, Tamil Nadu Survey and Land Records Subordinate Service, TamilNadu Secretariat Service and Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Secretariat Services. 6491 vacancies are reported as of July 01, 2019. TNPSC Group 4 previous year question papers will help the candidates to have a better understanding of the question pattern.
TNPSC Group IV 2019 Qualification
- For Village Administration Officer, Junior Assistant(Non – Security & Security ), Bill Collector, Grade-I, Field Surveyor, Drafts-man – SSLC /Matriculation.
- For Field Surveyor, preference shall be given to those who are trained in the survey in Industrial Training Institutes.
- Typist – SSLC & Government Technical Examination in Typewriting.
- Steno-Typist – SSLC & Government Technical Examination both in Typewriting and in Shorthand.
- Village Administration Officer – 21 to 30 years
- All Other Posts – 18 to 30 years
Age relaxation according to the state government norms is applicable. Knowledge of Tamil is necessary for considering the candidature. Click here to know about the TNPSC online portal. TNPSC Application Portal.
TNPSC Group IV 2019 Vacancy
- Every person appointed as the Village Administrative Officer(VAO) post shall reside in the village under his/her charge and shall continue to reside in the said Village as long as he/she is in- charge of that Village.
TNPSC Group 4 Salary
- In hand salary of VAO will be in between Rs.18,000/ & Rs.19,000/, depending upon the posting area.
Selected candidates will get different allowances like House Rent Allowance(HRA), Dearness Allowance(DA), etc.
- Dearness Allowance(DA) – 5% of Basic pay (Revised in every 6 months)
- House Rent Allowance (HRA) – Depends on the city you work
- City Allowance – Depends on the city you work ( For Chennai it is Rs.360/)
There are some deductions too, like :
- Contributory pension Scheme – 10% of your (Basic Pay + Dearness Allowance)
- Family Benefit fund – Rs.60
- New Health Insurance Scheme – Rs.180
TNPSC Group IV Exam Pattern
|Minimum Qualifying Marks for Selection (All Communities)|
Single Paper(S.S.L.C Standard)
General Studies(75 nos) +
Aptitude and Mental Ability Test(25 nos) +
General Tamil/ General English(100 nos)
= 200 Questions
Successful candidates from the test shall be invited for the document verification process and the following counseling schedule. There will not be any interview process. There will be separate cut off marks for male & female candidates and for different categories.
TNPSC GROUP IV Syllabus
- General Science(Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology)
- Current Affairs
- Indian National Movement, History of India
- History and Culture of Tamil Nadu
- Indian Economy & Polity
- Aptitude & Mental Ability
General English/ General Tamil
- Authors and their Literary Works
Candidates can find the detailed syllabus TNPSC Group IV Syllabus
TNPSC Group 4 Previous Year Question Papers
Click here to download free pdf of TNPSC Group IV previous year question papers.
- TNPSC Group IV 2016: Group IV 2016
- TNPSC Group IV 2014: TNPSC Group 4 2014
- TNPSC Group IV 2013: Group 4 2013
- TNPSC Group IV 2011: TNPSC Group 4 2011
- TNPSC Group IV 2008: 2008 TNPSC Group 4
- TNPSC Group IV: Group 4 2011- HANU
- TNPSC Group IV 2011: Group IV 2011 KALI
For more details about the recruitment, interested candidates can check the official notification. TNPSC GROUP IV Official Notification.
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your preparations today with Entri.