TNPSC Combined Civil Services Exam Group-IV draws heavy attention among the job seekers. Comparatively easier examination and a huge number of vacancies make this everyone’s favorite. Candidates with matriculation and below 30 years can apply for these group of posts. Group-IV examinations have an only single-stage written examination as the screening process. VAO, Field Surveyors, Security & Non-Security assistants are selected from this common examination.
Previous Year Cut-off
There will be separate cut off marks for male & female candidates and for different categories.
For Male candidates
For Female Candidates
- Candidates should note that previous year cutoff is for reference only, depending upon the number of applicants and level of examination cutoff may vary.
For assuring their seat candidates should aim to score 180+ in the written examination. Even though every year the cutoffs vary, 180+ is considered to be in the safe side. To score 180+ candidates should follow a systematic study plan along with daily practice. The practice is the key to success. The following strategy may find helpful for your preparations:
- Download the syllabus, try to familiarise with the topics. Candidates can find the detailed syllabus here.
- Download the previous year question papers to understand the question pattern.
3. Start preparation with General English or Tamil along with the aptitude section.
4. Prepare a strategy to complete the general studies section, divide the topics into different units.
5. Assess your preparation with the mock tests, make sure to take a mock test at least once in a week. Analyze the results, give more concentration on the weaker units.
As a beginner, the best way to start the preparation is to read the TN state board textbooks. Textbooks from class 6 – 10 is the best source of information. Before jumping to any other guides available in market, try to learn from the textbooks.The guides and other sources can be used as an aid to practice.
- State Board Textbooks – Class 6 – 10(for Science & Social Science )
- For General English – Class 6 – 12
- For Economics – Class 6 – 11
- For Political Science – Class 6 – 10 (Civics section) & Class 12 Political Science
- For Current Affairs – Newspapers & Year Book, Arihant Publications GK
- For Aptitude – A modern-day Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning R. S Agarwal
- Objective Arithmetic
Interested candidates can download the textbooks from here
For assuring your success in the examinations, interested candidates can follow the tailored 60-day plan to cover the whole syllabus. With the help of this timetable, candidates can cover the whole syllabus meant for the examination. Go through the syllabus, understand the topics and start learning today itself.
Study Plan for 60 days:
Entri is an award-winning online platform which helps students to prepare for various competitive examinations and keeps them updated on various exam schedules. Practice question papers and mock tests for Kerala PSC, SSC CHSL, SSC CGL, IIT JEE Mains, NEET, KEAM, and Comedk are available for students to know where they stand and prepare accordingly. Doubt forums are also made available to students to provide a platform for them to interact with experts and clear all their doubts and queries. A suitable app to help you stand out in various competitions.
Entri wishes all the candidates the very best for the upcoming examination.