Tamil Nadu Uniformed Service Recruitment Board (TNUSRB) has released the notification for the recruitment of Police, Fireman and Jail Warden. It is published in TNUSRB official website. The candidates are instructed to read the guidelines thoroughly before applying for the posts. The age eligibility upholds the requirement of age between 18 and 24 years and the candidates who apply for the posts have to be qualified with the minimum mandatory qualification of SSLC. The TNUSRB 2019 : Notification is provided here.
The TNUSRB provides many vacancies for variant fields. The candidates should make sure about their knowledge in the information about TNUSRB before the final submission of the application. The eligibility, qualification, syllabus, exam dates and much more information are to be covered.
TNUSRB 2019: Vacancy
- In the TNUSRB the available vacancy mentioned for the Police Constable men is 6084, while for women it is 2515 and in total there are 8599 vacancies available,
- For the post of Jail Warden, The TNUSRB ensures a vacancy of 190 for men and 22 for women, which in total are 212 available vacancies
- The available vacancies for the fireman is 195
The TNUSRB police constable examination was held in July 2019 and the results are expected to be released in August 2019. After the declaration of the written test, there will an official test of fitness and efficiency.
TNUSRB Police Constable Eligibility
- For men the required education qualification is SSLC with an age limit between 18 and 24 with a minimum height of 170cm for general category and a minimum height of 167cm for SC/ST candidates is necessary.
- For women the required qualification is SSLC with an age limit between 18 and 24 with a minimum height of 159cm for general category and a minimum height of 157cm for SC/ST
The eligibility of age within several categories :
- For the men of General category, the age limit is between 18 and 24 years
- For the men of BC/MBC category the age limit is between 18 and 26 years
- For the men of SC/ST category the age limit is between 18 and 29 years
- For the women of General category the age limit is between 18 and 24 years
- For the women of BC/MBC category the age limit is between 18 and 26 years
- For the women of SC/ST category the age limit s between 18 and 29 years
Tamil Nadu Police Constable Syllabus and Exam Pattern
Tamil Nadu Police Constable Syllabus includes general knowledge and psychology with 50 and 30 questions respectively with a total of 80 questions with 80 marks. The total duration for the examination will be 80 minutes in which the candidate has to deliver their utmost knowledge. After the written examination which is bilingual, available in English and Tamil. The eligible candidates should attend the physical tests. The results of the written examination will be declared in August 2019.
After the declaration of the TN Police Constable results, the candidates are instructed to visit the official website of TNUSRB and check the rank list as per the suggested register number. The candidates who are on the rank list can move onto the further procedures of the recruitment.
The whole recruitment procedures are equal for both men and women except some variations in the physical of women which are inscribed in the TN police constable recruitment process. Thus the whole procedure includes a written test, three physical tests and a verification round to ensure the efficacy and eligibility of candidates. Thus in order to attain the position, the candidates have to attend the three-phase and confirm the eligibility. These conditions put forward by the TNUSRB are mandatory which cannot be falsified or neglected.
The categories of tests are :
- The written Exam
- The Physical Measurement Test
- The Endurance Test
- The Physical Efficiency Test
- The Document Verification
SI 2019 : Vacancy
- The Sub-Inspector of Police (TK) has 660 vacancies with General/Men-462, Women/Transgender-198.
- Sub-Inspector of Police (AR) with a vacancy rate of 276 with General/Men-193, Women/Transgender-83
- Sub-Inspector of Police (TSP) with 33vacancies for General/Men
Thus the TNUSRB ensures the recruitment of Sub Inspector with 969 vacancy posts. The candidates must attend the recruitment procedures and must be updated about the notifications and information pt forward by the TNUSRB The TNUSRB ensures an average Pay-Scale for the Sub Inspector of Police post of 36900 – 116600
In the Endurance Test, the men are expected to cover up 1500 meters run within 7 minutes and the women are expected to cover up 400 meters run within 2 minutes and 30 seconds while the Ex-servicemen should cover up 1500 meters run within 8 minutes.
In the Physical Efficiency test for men, the activities they have to attend are the rope climbing, the long jump, the high jump, 100m run, and the 400m run. While in the Physical Efficiency Test for Women the activities are the long jump, shot put throw, cricket ball throw, 100m run and 200m run.
The final procedure is the Document Verification where the candidates should produce the informed documents of qualification and other eligibility. The officials will inform a date for the submission of the documents. Any delay in the submission will result in the cancellation of the application. Thus it is to be noted that the candidates must be well aware of the date of document submission.
It is rather relevant to keep track of the important notifications and allow oneself to be well occupied with the updated information. The most appealing positions in TNUSRB are getting occupied as it is giving away a wide scope for career growth and development. Rather than attempting the examinations, candidates must be well informed about the recent notifications.