TNUSRB has invited applications from graduates to fill its 969 vacant posts as Sub Inspector of Police((TK, AR, and TSP). Candidates with graduation and below 28 years can apply. Selection Process involves preliminary stage written examination followed by the Physical endurance test, viva voice & document verification.
Interested candidates can fill their candidature from March 20 onwards. Candidates can apply through the online mode only, Click here
969 vacancies are reported as of March 2019. Among them, 688 is for General / Male candidates and 281 is for Female / Transgender candidates. Only male candidates are eligible for the post of Sub- Inspector of Police (TSP).
The selection process includes three stages of screening.
- Duration – 150 minutes(2.5 hours)
- Each question carries .5 marks
- Candidates should score at least 25 marks for qualifying this stage.
Exam Pattern :
Exam has two parts, Part A – General Knowledge & Part B – Numerical &
Logical Analysis, Mental Ability etc.
Part A General Knowledge
- Scientific Instruments, Inventions and Discoveries. Scientists and their contributions,
- Human Physiology, Diseases and their cause, cure and prevention, Diet and Balanced diet,
- Human Genetics, Animals, Mammals and Birds, Environment and Ecology,
- Elements & Compounds. Acids, Bases & Salts & allied subjects,
- Motion, Newton’s Laws of motion – Properties of Matter, Electricity, National Laboratories and other related
History of India
- Dates and events of Indian History from Indus Valley Civilisation
to the present day Indian modern administration.
- Regions of India, Weather, Monsoon and Climate, Rainfall, Natural Calamities, Crops, Crops pattern,
- Indian Towns and Places, Hill Stations,
- National Parks, Major Ports, Minerals, Location of Major Industries, Forests and Wildlife,
- Population distribution in India and other related topics.
Economics & Commerce
- Agriculture, Major crops and crop pattern in India,
- Industrial Development, Major, Medium, Small Scale and Cottage Industries of Tamil Nadu Village
- Rural Development in India Housing, Drinking water and other
- Price policy, inflation, population and unemployment
problems, imports and exports Industrial development and 5 year planning.
- Indian Constitution, Salient Features, Citizenship, Elections,
- Parliament and State legislature, Executive, States, Judiciary system, Local Self- Governments, Centre-State Relations,
- Language Policy and Foreign Policy.
- Latest development in Science and technology, political
developments in India, new developments in Trade, Transport and communication, historical events.
- Fine Arts like dance, drama, films, painting, major literary works,
Games and Sports, National, International awards, National and International organizations,
- Abbreviations, Who is Who,
- Books and Authors, General Technology,
- India and its Neighbours, present day India and other related topics.
- Arts, Literature,Culture of India and Tamil Nadu.
Part B – Psychology
- Logical Analysis – Analysis of any information logically to find out various dimensions of the information.
- Numerical Analysis – Quick response with regard to numerical ability will be tested.
- Communication Skills – Effective usage of languages will be tested.
- Information Handling Ability – For any given information, the various aspects of the information, the inferences and connected facts will be tested.
- Mental Ability Test – These tests are meant to verify the candidate’s capability to draw conclusions through, inductive or deductive reasoning. It will include elementary problems from school mathematics.
Interested candidates can download the syllabus here
Candidates can find more details about the recruitment from the official notification here
Entri is an award-winning online platform which helps students to prepare for various competitive examinations and keeps them updated on various exam schedules. Practice question papers and mock tests for Kerala PSC, SSC CHSL, SSC CGL, IIT JEE Mains, NEET, KEAM, and Comedk are available for students to know where they stand and prepare accordingly. Doubt forums are also made available to students to provide a platform for them to interact with experts and clear all their doubts and queries. A suitable app to help you stand out in various competitions.
Entri wishes all the candidates the very best for the upcoming examination.