Are you preparing for any competitive exams like PSC, SSC, RRB or Banking? Then it is important to stay updated and aware of the daily news happening around the world. Current affair is an important topic coming on all competitive exams like Kerala PSC, SSC, RRB, Banking etc. Aspirants should learn current affairs on a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis. In this article, you will find current affairs happened from April 7 to April 13,2019.
India to be Guest of Honour country at ADIBF 2019
- UAE has announced that India will be the Guest of Honour country at the Abu Dhabi International Book Fair, ADIBF 2019.
- It will be held from 24th to 30th April 2019.
- The fair aims to highlight the UAE’s rich heritage, showcasing its authenticity and modernity, as well as its cultural and literary output.
- The Indian Pavilion will host Indian authors and literary scholars who will serve as ambassadors for the literature and art of their country.
Telugu poet K Siva Reddy selected for prestigious Saraswati Samman 2018
- Telugu poet K Siva Reddy has been selected for the prestigious Saraswati Samman, 2018 for his collection of poetry titled ‘Pakkaki Ottigilite’.
- The award carries a cash prize of 15 lakh rupees, a citation and a plaque.
- The award, instituted by the KK Birla Foundation in 1991.
- It is given annually for an outstanding literary work written in any Indian language and published during the last 10 years.
Astronomers take 1st ever image of a black hole
- Astronomers have taken the first-ever image of a black hole, which is located in a distant galaxy.
- The image which has been captured by a network of eight telescopes across the world shows an intensely bright ‘ring of fire’ surrounding a perfectly circular dark hole.
- According to some scientists, the black hole is located 500 million trillion kilometres away.
India builds a maternity hospital in Nepal
- India has built a 25-bed maternity hospital in Nepal.
- The hospital has been built under the Government of India’s Small Development Projects Scheme.
- Indian Ambassador to Nepal Manjeev Singh Puri inaugurated the Chandra Narayan Yadav Memorial Maternity Hospital in Siraha district.
- The Hospital will provide quality maternity and health care services to the people of 50 Village Development Committees in and around Siraha district.
- It will also help in reducing maternal and child mortality rate.
Virat Kohli and Smriti Mandhana named as Wisden’s Leading Cricketers in the World 2019
- Indian captain Virat Kohli was named the ‘Leading Cricketer in the World’ for the third time in a row in this year’s edition of the Wisden Cricketers’.
- This is the third time in a row that the Indian captain gained this title.
- Smriti Mandhana was the Leading Cricketer in the women’s game.
- Kohli also won the ICC’s cricketer, test and one-day international player of the year awards in January 2019.
Decolourisation of River Periyar
- The River Periyar in Kerala is again witnessing the decolourisation. The decolourisation of River Periyar which provides drinking water to Kochi city.
- The pollution control Board (PCB) has attributed the change in colour to the poor quality of water as a result of eutrophication.
- River Periyar flows in the state of Kerala. It originates in the Western Ghats and flows north for a short distance to Periyar Lake.
- Periyar Lake is an artificial reservoir created by Mullaperiyar Dam across the river. From the Periyar Lake, tunnel carries water through mountains to the Vaigai River in Tamil Nadu, where it is used for irrigation.
CRPF celebrated its 54th Valour Day
- President Ram Nath Kovind paid homage to the martyrs of police at National Police Memorial in New Delhi on the occasion of 54th Valour Day of Central Reserve Police Force.
- 9th April is celebrated as Valour Day in the Force.
- The President also launched the App – Veer Parivar for assistance to next of kin of Martyrs of CRPF personnel.
- The Central Reserve Police Force is India’s largest Central Armed Police Forces. It functions under the authority of the Ministry of Home Affairs of the Government of India.
‘Kilikoottam’ Summer Camp Begins In Thiruvananthapuram
- ‘Kilikoottam’, a summer camp organised by the Kerala State Council for Child Welfare commenced on Monday by paying tribute to the seven-year-old boy who succumbed to injuries at Thodupuzha.
- Aparna, of Government Cotton Hill HSS, read out the condolence message. As many as 300 students, from various schools in the district, participated on the first day of the camp.
Award-winning Malayalam dubbing artist Anandavally passes away
- On 5th April 2019, Senior dubbing artist C R Anandavally, 65, who let her voice to several heroines in Malayalam films, passed away at a private hospital.
- Anandavally debuted by giving voice for actress Rajasri in the film Devi Kanyakumari and also dubbed for Poornima Jayaram for the film ‘ Manjil Virinja Pookkal’.
International Day of Reflection on the 1994 Rwanda Genocide was observed on 7th April
- International Day of Reflection on the 1994 Rwanda Genocide was observed on 7th April in memory of the victims of the genocide in Rwanda.
- 1994 Rwanda Genocide was a mass slaughter of Tutsi in Rwanda during the Rwandan Civil War, which started in 1990.
- It was directed by members of the Hutu majority government during the 100-day period from 7 April to 15 July 1994.
Entri is an award-winning online platform which helps students to prepare for various competitive examinations and keeps them updated on various exam schedules. Practice question papers and mock tests for Kerala PSC, SSC CHSL, SSC CGL, IIT JEE Mains, NEET, KEAM, and Comedk are available for students to know where they stand and prepare accordingly. Doubt forums are also made available to students to provide a platform for them to interact with experts and clear all their doubts and queries. A suitable app to help you stand out in various competitions.