Are you preparing for any competitive exams like PSC, SSC, RRB or Banking? Then it is important to stay updated and aware of the daily news happening around the world. Current affair is an important topic coming on all competitive exams like Kerala PSC, SSC, RRB, Banking etc. Aspirants should learn current affairs on a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis. In this article, you will find current affairs happened from March 23 to March 30,2019.
3 Artificial Intelligence Pioneers Awarded 2018 Turing Award
- Three trailblazers in artificial intelligence have been honoured with the 2018 Turing Award.
- Yoshua Bengio, Geoffrey Hinton and Yann LeCun were named the recipients of the award by the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM).
- The three developed conceptual and engineering foundations for AI by making deep neural networks a critical component of computing.The recipients will be awarded a $1 million prize, with financial support provided by Google.
Nobel laureate Amartya Sen honoured with Oxford University’s Bodley Medal
- Nobel Prize-winning economist Amartya Sen has been awarded the prestigious Bodley Medal. It is the highest honour bestowed by the University of Oxford’s world-famous Bodleian Libraries.
- The Medal is awarded to individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the fields in which the Bodleian is active, including literature, culture, science and communication.
- Past winners of the honour include physicist Stephen Hawking, novelist Hilary Mantel and inventor of the World Wide Web Tim Berners-Lee.
Pakistan approves the proposal to open Sharda Peeth corridor
- The Pakistan government approved a proposal to establish a corridor that will allow Hindu pilgrims from India to visit Sharda Peeth.It is an ancient Hindu temple and cultural site in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir.
- The Sharda Peeth corridor, when opened, will be the second religious tract after Kartarpur corridor in Pakistan-controlled territory that will connect the two neighbouring nations.
- After Partition in 1947, the temple went under the control of Pakistan.
Croatia honours President Kovind with the highest civilian award
- President Ram Nath Kovind was honoured with Croatia’s highest civilian award – the Grand Order of the King of Tomislav.The civilian order is awarded to heads of state for their important contribution towards the development of state relations between Croatia and their respective countries.
- Kovind is in Croatia as part of his eight-day three-nation visit to Croatia, Bolivia and Chile.
- Kovind is on the first-ever Indian head of state to visit Croatia.
A teacher from remote Kenya village conferred with Global Teacher Prize for 2019
- A maths and physics teacher, Peter Tabichi from a secondary school in a remote village in Kenya’s Rift Valley has won the $1 million Global Teacher Prize for 2019. He gives away 80 per cent of his income to help the poor in the remote village of Pwani where almost a third of the children are orphans or have only one parent.
- He received the prize at a ceremony Saturday in Dubai hosted by Hollywood star Hugh Jackman.
- He has become the first ever African male to have won the award.
- Two Indian teachers, Arti Qanungo and Swaroop Rawal were also nominated for the award. Both of them had made it to the top 50 finalists.
64th Filmfare Awards 2019
- The 64th Vimal Filmfare Awards 2019 kicked off at the Jio Garden in BKC, Mumbai.
- Best Actor: Ranbir Kapoor for Sanju
- Best Actress: Alia Bhatt for Raazi
- Best Film: Raazi
- Best Director: Meghna Gulzar for Raazi
Navin Chawla’s new book titled ‘Every Vote Counts’ was launched by former Vice President of India, Hamid Ansari
- Former Chief Election Commissioner of India Navin Chawla’s book ‘Every Vote Counts’ was launched by former Vice President of India, Hamid Ansari in New Delhi.
- This book is about how the electoral machinery works in India.
- The book explains about India is on the cusp of change, and with its parliamentary elections coming up.
ISRO launches Young Scientist Programme for schoolkids
- On the lines of Centre Govt mission “Jai Vigyan, Jai Anusandhan”, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has initiated Young Scientist Programme named “YUva VIgyani KAryakram” – (Yuvika) for school children.
- Its purpose to enhance their interest in the emerging areas of Space activities by imparting basic knowledge on Space Technology, Space Science and Space Applications. This two week long programme is regarded as “Catch them young”.
Azali Assoumani re-elected as the President of Comoros
- Azali Assoumani was re-elected as the President of Comoros after defeating his closest rival, Mohamoudou Ahamada in the election held by the electoral commission of the Indian Ocean Archipelago.
- 66 years old, Azali Assoumani who first took office in 2016, was credited with 60.77 percent votes whereas Mohamoudou Ahamada got only 14.62 percent votes.
India becomes the 4th country to conduct A-SAT missile test “Mission Shakti” successfully
- India has proved its capability of defending its outer space assets after Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has conducted a successful Anti-Satellite (ASAT) missile test “Mission Shakti” from the Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Island (earlier, Wheeler island) in Odisha.
- The target was hit by the DRDO developed Ballistic Missile Defence (BMD) Interceptor Missile, in Low Earth Orbit (LEO) in a “Hit to Kill” mode at a height of 300 km from the earth’s surface. The satellite used as target in the mission was one of India’s existing satellites.
Entri is an award-winning online platform which helps students to prepare for various competitive examinations and keeps them updated on various exam schedules. Practice question papers and mock tests for Kerala PSC, SSC CHSL, SSC CGL, IIT JEE Mains, NEET, KEAM, and Comedk are available for students to know where they stand and prepare accordingly. Doubt forums are also made available to students to provide a platform for them to interact with experts and clear all their doubts and queries. A suitable app to help you stand out in various competitions.